Saucy Sesame Chicken

Here's a delicious one if you like sesame. I usually make this by frying the chicken and dipping it in the sauce but decided to do it a little different this time.

I started by chopping and sauteeing a couple skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I seasoned well with salt and pepper and sauteed in a light amount of peanut oil. When they were -just- beginning to brown I put the chicken aside in a bowl and made the sauce.

The sauce is amazing and simple, but I do recommend that you measure your ingredients in advance and have them at the ready - it gets mixed fast! In the same deep skillet I cooked the chicken in I put 1 can chicken broth, 1 cup vinegar (less if you don't want it as tangy),  1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 cup sugar, 2 tbs soy sauce, 2 tbs sesame oil, and 3 garlic cloves minced. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally. The sauce is ready whenever everything else is, it doesn't have to simmer long!
I think mine simmered another 10 minutes, maybe a little less, and then I added the chicken back in. I was waiting on rice and sweet potatoes to be done. I stirred the sauce while the chicken soaked up the flavors and finished cooking. I threw in about 2 tbs toasted sesame seeds.

Serve the sauce over rice and sprinkle with extra seeds!

Was delicious. Can't really go wrong with sweet sesame chicken! This is definitely NOT one of my healthier recipes.

A kitty picture for you

Comments

Popular Posts