Energy Bites and Detox Water

I need a study supply of food in mah bellay throughout the day, and in particular I need hearty carbs balanced by protein (but don't we all?). I love making my own little "energy bites" as I call them. Protein bars are stupid expensive and often have a bunch of additives and extra nonsense I really don't need. Here's how I make mine:

In a bowl mix the following ingredients:

  • 1 cup dry oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup raw organic agave
  • 1 Tbs organic natural maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or you know, whatever floats your fruity boat)
  • 1/4 cup finely crumbled chocolate (I prefer dark)

Refrigerate for at least an hour. Use a tablespoon to measure out your servings and form into little balls. You'll probably get around 20 of them. There's about 100 calories, 13g carbs, 3g protein, and 8g sugar in a ball. 


Another thing I love to make is Detox Water. It's water that I have flavored with fruits and things! It's the best thing to drink first thing in the morning. A great winter version is Cranberry Spice. This one is more summery with citrus and cucumbers.

Cut up on grapefruit, one cucumber, one lemon and one lime. Throw in a pitcher, top with water, refrigerate 2-3 hours. 

Scoop out the fruits; pass the water through cheesecloth if you're worried about pulp or seeds. Drink up within 2-3 days which trust me - won't be hard to do!


Comments

Popular Posts