Slow Cooked Teriyaki-Wine Spareribs

My best friend and I were hanging out the other day when she was telling me about her Nana's slow cooked teriyaki-wine chicken they had for dinner the other night. "That sounds delicious" I said. "It was!" She said. "I'm going to make that" I said. "Okie dokes" she said. Then we did crafts for 6 hours.

So today I decided to pull the trigger on that one. BFF's Mom texted me their recipe, to which I made a couple small tweaks to suit our tastes, and used spareribs instead of chicken because that's what needed cooking.

Marinate your meat of choice overnight. Here's the recipe I used:

  • 1 cup soy sauce
  • 2 tbs brown sugar
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Pour meat and marinade into crock pot and cook all day on low, 8-10 hours. Serve with sauce on the side for dipping. I didn't take pictures because I'm a fool!

Hmmm, but what to do with all that leftover teriyaki sauce? How about....Teriyaki Fried Rice!!

Heat a dash of sesame oil; shred any of the leftover pork. Or, if you don't have leftover meat and just sauce, cut up a chicken breast and set to browning in your skillet. Throw in some finely chopped carrots and onion. Once browned use 1/2 cup of the teriyaki to scrape up any browned bits then continue forward.



If using leftover pork, saute onion and carrots in a little sesame oil. Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds to a minute. Now add peas and any other vegetables you choose, as well as the pork. Stir and let heat through, then add a couple cups cooked rice and the sauce. Stir, heat, and eat!!


My craft project right now is learning Irish Crochet. I found it difficult to find patterns so I bought a small booklet of the basic motifs to start with. Here they are being blocked!


And here's how they'll look pieced together (though this was taken before blocking)....


I'm thinking of adding beads and dangles and then attaching it to a hair clip.

Here's Sorscha after she stole all of my blankie.


Comments

Popular Posts