Sausage and Carrots, only Not Boring like that Sounds

Went to the Co-Op today and found these rainbow carrots!

They're sooo pretty! It makes me so happy! I'm going to do this entire post with exclamation points, that's how happy they make me! I decided to roast them with some juice from my last California clementine. I sliced them in rounds then arranged them all purdy in a glass baking dish.
Oh my gosh the colors!!

I then cut my clementine in half and used my lemon lemon juicer to get every ounce of juice onto them carrots. Threw on some salt and pepper and stirred 'em up!

Still so pretty!
I roasted the carrots at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. I like them to still have some firmness. If you want them softer cook a little longer.

Meanwhile I browned some sweet Italian chicken sausage in a cast iron skillet. And that's it! It was delicious, and only 250 calories. We were eating late and had been snacking so I kept this very light.


Comments

Popular Posts